Setting the thermostat to 78 degrees at home or in the office creates a comfortable environment.
PASO ROBLES, Calif. (PRWEB)
July 13, 2021
The Center for Disease Control reports that thousands of people go to emergency rooms as a result of heat exposure and hundreds die each year. Heat exposure is preventable, and Atascadero’s air conditioning repair company Air Rite recently released a report to help people stay cool.
One of the best ways to cool off is to have a place to take shelter from the heat. Air-conditioned homes (AC), businesses and public buildings are shelters from the summer heat. Setting the thermostat to 78 degrees at home or in the office creates a comfortable environment.
Here are a few ways to stay cool indoors:
- Adjusting the thermostat: A study by the National Institute of Health indicates that the best sleep occurs when room temperatures are 86 degrees for those sleeping uncovered or 60 to 66 degrees covered.
- Humidity monitoring: Humidity makes us feel warmer. Sweating helps maintain body temperature by evaporating and cooling the skin. Moisture in the air makes it harder for sweat to evaporate. Humidity varies considerably between inland and seaside communities on the central coast. There are times when the humidity on the coast can reach over 50 percent, which is the high end for comfort. Most modern air conditioners regulate humidity through the evaporator coil which condenses water vapor from the air.
- Practice additional cooling methods
- Raising the thermostat 10 degrees to 88 F off can maintain comfort while saving up to 10% on the bill.
Keeping the AC system in good working order is important for comfortable temperatures. Atascadero air conditioning repair company can ensure that the air conditioning system is in perfect working order.
Additional cooling methods include:
- Keep warm air outside by simply replacing weatherstripping and caulking around doors and windows.
- Use window treatments that keep sunlight from warming rooms
- Limit the use of the oven and stove
- Ceiling fans can increase cooling efficiency
- Use a programmable thermostat to set different temperatures for different times of the day. Smart thermostats are controlled remotely from a smartphone or tablet.
- Consider replacing older HVAC systems with newer, more efficient systems. Full-service air conditioning repair company Atascadero can recommend and install the latest energy efficient HVAC system for maximum comfort all year round.
- Stay hydrated and watch out for people at high risk. Those most at risk include people 65 years of age and older, people with chronic illnesses, children, pets, and anyone who may not be able to make safe decisions for themselves.
Air Rite has served local communities since 1983, providing quality residential and commercial products and services to the counties of San Luis Obispo, Monterey and Santa Barbara. The company’s mission is to do quality work at an honest and fair price. Air Rite gives back to the community by sponsoring and supporting local organizations and activities that have a positive effect in the region. Company support includes 4-H clubs, Future Farmers of America, Escuela Del Rio, The Link, food banks, youth sports teams and cancer fundraising.
5001 traffic lane
Atascadero, CA 93422
Share the article on social media or by email: